Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thrift store Spotlight: Rewind Vintage

Rewind Vintage Minneapolis
Beyond the usual thrift stores I frequent (Goodwill, Salvation Army, Savers/Value Village), every once in a while I stumble upon a little nook or treasure of a store. Most times 'Vintage' shops, Consignment stores, and the like are either badly stocked, or more likely just too overpriced for my liking.

BUT...every once in a while....there is one that just has so many gems...and the prices aren't too ridiculous...and I find myself just wandering around overwhelmed, not knowing where to start, really just wanting to sit and soak it all the fabrics, colors, and textures.

In North East Minneapolis there is such a spot. On a smaller street, next to a pretty awesome craft/fabric store (oh man, crafty planet makes me happy) there sits Rewind Vintage. Not a very big store, every last little space, floor to ceiling is packed with items.

rewind vintage minneapolis
The Row of kitschy sweaters above this color extravaganza was TO DIE FOR
rewind vintage minneapolis
Tooled Leather as far as the eye can see...
rewind vintage minneapolis
Oh the colors! Not necessarily my style, but I will say they had a section of leather flats and loafers that rivaled this....but pictures of shades of brown jsut don't 'pop' as much, ya know!?
rewind vintage minneapolisrewind vintage minneapolis
(not the loafers, flats I was speaking of above....just another little tucked away section of shoes...) and finally, this terrifying anti-theft system. They know how to do 'scared straight' right.

1 comment:

  1. It was too expensive (like there were $20 items...and, I just cant do it), I wouldn't buy anything, but my standards are very different from the mass public, I have learned. As for pissing me off, I find I simply get overwhelmed in stores like that because I no longer have to hunt and scavenge, and without that, EVERYTHING looks good. I don't like 'decisions'

    ReplyDelete

Say what you will...