Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Once I traveled to Alaska.

campy attributes adventures
Let me take you back to a time I like to call 2009. March 2009 to be exact.  I had only a month before accepted an AmeriCorps *VISTA position in Fairbanks, Alaska, and it was time to get on the road and begin my journey from Columbia, South Carolina. I had been living in the capital of South Carolina for over a year after graduating college in the upstate, and volunteering for my first term of AmeriCorps.  I took the second term of AmeriCorps in January 2009, and with my cat Nigel and friend Erik in tow, I started on the next portion of my life.

Erik had volunteered to travel with me up to Fairbanks, and we made a quick plan of action. Being that it was March, we knew camping was out of the question, but we did have the luxury of AmeriCorps reimbursing me for my the cost of travel and hotels. Oh, who doesn't love a FREE road-trip!  We decided that since both of us had driven across country a few times already on our own, that we would drive straight through (No sleep til Brooklyn!) or, well...rather no sleep until Great Falls, Montana. 

After Great Falls, the rest of our journey, went something like this: Calgary, Alberta--Edmonton, Alberta--Fort Nelson, BC--Whitehorse, YK--Tok, Alaska--Fairbanks, AK

I'll let the photos do a little talking instead from here on out...
alaska highway
Buffaloreindeer
alaska highway
welcome to the yukonalaska highway sign
alcan
alaska mountain
wemcome to alaskawelcome to fairbanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you will...