Saturday, November 14, 2009

Ramblings: Some of My All Time Favorites


Soo Sitting here, Listening to some tunes...and, I just get all wrapped up in it. I love it. When you hear those songs, the ones that you could play on repeat, but restrain yourself (most of the time) from doing so with..., sometimes life doesn't get better. I don't even need to be DOING anything when I listen to these. I literally, most the time, sit down and zone out. Yes, sometimes I will be multi-tasking in the form of doing a crossword at the same time, or mending some clothing, maybe journaling.

Most times though, I literally sit down with the intention to do one of these things, and I just sit there. The minute I let my body rest, I am gone. I am now zoned out in the music. I forget anything I was supposed to be doing. I just close my eyes. I just sit there. I sing with it. I sometimes get up and dance, not aiming to be doing anything. I find most times it revolves around my head being thrown back and me trying my damnedest to sing along with it (thank god others don't have to suffer through this experience with me....usually)

So, being a person who wants to impose all the things I like on others, I am going to list a few of the songs that garner this reaction in me. Listen. Enjoy. Repeat.
(The highlight tracks are links to sites to listen, not downloadable content, FYI)

Fiona Apple- I Know
George Harrison- My Sweet Lord
Paul Simon - Diamonds on the Soles of her Shoes
Dave Matthews Band - Say Goodbye (Most any version EXCLUDING the actual 'Crash' CD Version)
Brand New- Me vs. Maradona vs. Elvis
Jump, Little Children- Cathedrals
Ben Harper- Glory and Consequence, The Drugs Don't Work, and Woman In You (All Live From Mars Versions)
Bonnie Raitt - Angel From Montgomery
The Beatles- The Melody + Her Majesty on Abbey Road (Specifically: Golden Slumbers-->Carry That Weight-->The End)
Led Zeppelin - Dyer Maker
The Decemberists- O Valencia!
RadioheadMyxomatosis

And, not really going with these songs, but you will NEVER find me NOT enjoying this song:

There are so many More I am sure. Then there is the whole category of CD's that put you in a trance, from start to finish, and sometimes, i find, that those CD's may not even hold ONE track that I would, on its own, put in my favorites list, but cohesively the CD is amazing.
(Example: Elton John- Honkey Chateau Just makes me happy, start to finish, over and over again.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you will...