Thursday, October 22, 2009

Ramblings: Getting in the Kitchen!

I don't know why I never thought of it before...convience I suppose...but here we go: I LOVE Tasty Bites. A LOT. As I heated up my Bombay Potatoes at work today, it hit me that I spend a lot on these...even though I usually only buy them when they are on sale at Freddie's, I still put down $2-$3 a pouch. that is one delicious meal. (at work, I admit, I dont add rice or anything...i don't feel like dealing with it, basically)
And at home, I don't usually eat Tasty Bites, b/c I don't own a microwave, and am lazy and don't feel like heating them on teh stove (though, they are oh so scrumptious cold). What is all this rambling leading to you may ask? Well here it is...I am going to start simply making my own huge pots of tasty bites.
I mean, one of the main reason I love tasty bites is that I can read every ingredient on the package it comes in. And most the ones I eat don't contain sugar. and I only buy the vegan ones. So why NOT make these on my own?
So I'm going to. Here are the ones I am going to make, b/c I already consume them in mass quantities: Bengal Lentils, Bombay Potatoes, Kerala Vegetables, Punjab Eggplant, and I am going to try this one: Malaysian Lodeh
Now on the same accord, I have said to myself for a time now that I was going to make my own salad dressings as well...b/c I am really picky, and there are only two that I REALLY dig right now, as in could lift the bottle and swollow down with ease: Annie's Goddess Dressing and Annie's Lite Gingerly Vinaigrette . I may even try a new one like: Annie's Lemon and Chive Dressing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you will...