Friday, August 7, 2009

Manic Pixie Dream Girls

...Or how I am about a year behind the times in this revelation.

Even NPR is in on this whole discussion.

And what about this discussion catches my eye? There are multiple things. Most of the articles you read are about how females hate this MPDG. But, as much as i raed their words and understand their point, I know deep down their hate stems from another place they cannot accept: They want to be her. At least, that is what I assume. Honestly, for as many times as I have heard the guys fell in love with Natalie Portman in Garden State, I just as much watched that movie and fell in love with her. Zach Braff held nothing for me...in Natalie I saw everything I wanted to fall in love with, and at that time, everything I wanted to be. Does this still apply? No. But I don't feel the need to knock it now that I have matured.

...I dunno. This one (discussion) hits, in such a weird way, close to home. *shrugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you will...